- Our system is integrated with https://www.dymoendicia.com for your Bulk Shipping needs.
- Using the Defaults you create in Shipping Settings, you can generate and download the XML file that Endicia needs to correctly charge your postage.
- The file you receive back from Endicia is then uploaded back to AOB to confirm your orders on your venues.
- Endicia has two programs that look vastly different, but have the same functionality.
- DAZzle for Windows users
- Endicia for Mac users
To explain this page we'll start at the top and work our way down in steps.
Upload your completed DAZzle XML Output File
This is where you upload the file you receive back from Endicia after printing your postage. Uploading this file will allow AOB to capture your Tracking if used, send confirmations to your venues to mark your orders as shipped and to send confirmation emails to your buyers.
DAZzle XML settings
- You can advance the postmark by a set number of days.
- Make it a test print only.
- You can override the Delivery Confirmation Default created in Shipping Settings.
Your orders will be displayed as follows and each cell of the table below contains a brief description of what you will see in each column of the Order List:
|SKU/Title||Address||Mail Class||Package Class||Weight||Size||Custom Form|
|Order ID, SKU, Title, Pkg#, Order Value and Shipping Credit||Buyer's Address||Mail Class drop-down menu to select your Shipping Speeds and whether or not you want to require a signature confirmation. (Note that the signature confirmation is an extra charge at USPS)||The drop-down menu contains: Envelope, Rectangle Pkg, etc...||Entered in Pounds and Ounces||Width, Length, Height and if the pkg is non-Machinable or Oversized||International orders will populate this field for the Customs form type, Qty, Weight, Description, Value, Country of Origin, Contents and the Signer|
- At the top and at the bottom of the page, the button labeled "Save Shipping Choices" updates the page and generates the DAZzle XML file with the selected values.
Get DAZzle XML File
- Once you've saved the Shipping Choices the Get DAZzle File link will also contain a Timestam.
- Right click that link to open your browser menu and choose the Save As option for your browser to download your DAZzle XML file.
- Depending on the browser you may need to change the extension of the file to .xml before saving.
- Once you have setup the Shipping Settings there are two different ways you can set up your bulk shipping for Windows users.
We'll go through the steps for the easier method first:
- Get your items that you are going to be shipping all together and ready to go.
- Go to your Bulk shipping page.
- Enter weights for each item (if not entered when the item was listed) and insure the correct Shipping Method is selected.
- Click the Save Shipping Choices button at the top or bottom of the page to create the XML file that Dazzle needs.
- Right click on the Get DAZzle XML File heading and choose the Save As option in your browser menu to save this file on your machine.
- Now open DAZzle and at the top of the page click File then Print from which opens a sub-menu where you click External file.
- To locate the XML file on your computer use the drop down box next to File Type and select text, XML format to be able to see the file you need, find the file on your computer click on it or type it into the file name fields then click Open.
- This will bring up the Print Postage option. When you click print another box will open that says, “Because you are printing from an XML based file, DAZzle Desinger 2005 will create an XML results file with the postage information for all printed items.”
- You will be prompted to select the name of the output file on the next dialog.
- Click ok.
- The next box that pops up is where you want to save the Output File.
- Come back to AOB's Bulk Ship page and upload your Output File using the Upload your completed DAZzle XML Output File option to populate any Tracking Numbers, Actual Postage amounts and send the Delivery Confirmation emails. This last step is necessary for AOB to record this information in your AOB account and to send the delivery confirmations and tracking numbers (if you have chosen to use them) to your venues.
- To use a Layout Template and Output file placement
- Setup your AOB account and DAZzle on your Shipping Settings page.
- Enter a DAZzle Layout. The layout file name is the DAZzle layout you use to print your postage.
- Enter the DAZzle Output to tell Endicia where on your machine you are storing this file. For Windows people, we suggest something like C:\dazzleoutput.xml.
- Go to the Bulk Ship page on AOB.
- Go down the order list and your book stack and put each order in its envelope and weigh it. Enter this weight in the Weight column. If you would prefer to work in just ounces, enter the ounces in the ounces slot and the system will calculate the pounds/ounces split. If you entered the shipping weight when the item was listed this step is not necessary.
- Select the shipping method as you are going down the list as well.
- Verify the shipping methods to use. For example, this is where you can change your shipping for one sale from Media Mail to Priority Mail.
- Click "Update Shipping Choices" and our system will poll the United States Postal Service for international shipping rates so you can select from the available methods based on the shipping cost. Because we'll need to poll the USPS for the international rates make sure you enter the weight for those items before clicking "Update Shipping Choices". You can then go back and select the one you need. Don't forget, if you change any shipping options to click "Update Shipping Choices" to have your DAZzle XML file updated.
- Right click the on the Get DAZzle XML File link and choose the Save As option in your browser menu to save this file in the directory you setup in Step 1 to have DAZzle check for the XML file.
- Print your postage. When this has completed, there will be a new Output File stored under the file name you setup in Step 1 under DAZzle Output File name.
- Upload this file using the Upload Your DAZzle XML Output File line on the Bulk Ship page. Depending on how long your shipping list is, this page might take a few seconds to load as it updates your orders and sends confirmation emails to your customers and the selling venue.
- Stick your labels and/or stuff your envelopes and you're done!
- If you have problems, just let us know and we'll be here to help you out. Just remember, don't panic. Once you get it working right, it gets easier.
- Bulk Ship for Mac
- Go to Settings > Shiping Settings
- Leave the layout box blank, but in the output field box put: ~/Desktop/out.xml (Be sure to save changes at the bottom of the page.)
- Go to the Bulk Ship page
- On the Bulk Ship page go down the list and enter the weight for each item. This step is not required if you entered the shipping weight when you listed the item. Save shipping changes when you have finished the list.
- Right click the “Get Dazzle XML” link and save the link as .xml (it may show up as .xml.txt – if so change it to .xml).
- Go to Endicia > File > Print from external xml file. A new window will open, just scroll down until you find 'get_dazzle_file.xml' and click on it, then click on the open button. Sit back and watch your labels start to print.
- When labels stop printing go back to the Bulk Ship page in your AOB account and click the “Browse” button to locate the out.xml file (it will be on your desktop). When you find it click the “upload” button. That will update your ship page, and emails with tracking numbers (if you choose to use them) will be sent to your customers and shipping confirmations with tracking numbers will be sent to the selling venue.
Want something printed on the label so you can identify the package? You need a rubber stamp. Here's a list of each of them.
Rubber Stamp 1 = SKU
Rubber Stamp 2 = Order ID
Rubber Stamp 3 = Title
Rubber Stamp 4 = Qty
Rubber Stamp 5 = Purchase Date
Rubber Stamp 6 = Ship Method
Rubber Stamp 7 = Price
Rubber Stamp 8 = Location
- To set them on DAZzle:
- Click the rubber stamp icon on the tool bar in DAZzle.
- Click the button next to Display reference field
- Select the RubberStamp number you want.
- Click OK on the bottom of the dialog box
- Click on your label where you want the rubberstamp to appear.
FYI for Mac users: Endicia only supports two rubber stamps, #1 and #2.
If you want to use one of the two rubber stamps follow these steps:
1. Go to Endicia that you have downloaded to your computer.
2. Select preferences under the Endicia menu.
3. Select Mailpiece.
4. Click on the Top Custom Field or Bottom Custom Field depending on whether you are using a plain paper printer of a thermal printer.
5. Select the Rubber Stamp you want to use.
7. That is all there is to it but we suggest that you test your new layout before printing actual postage.
Do I have to use bulk ship? No, you do not have to use Bulk Ship. You can also ship singly on the Ship Your Books page. But, you can also not use AOB at all for your shipping needs and continue to ship via your venues if you choose.
Do I have to use Endicia/DAZzle to bulk ship?
Yes, at this time it is the only program with which we have integrated.
I'm having a problem with Endicia for Mac. Do you have any suggestions?
We've been told by Endicia's support staff that sometimes using Safari for your browser will help. Since it can't hurt anything we suggest trying it.
What level of service to I have to have from Endicia/DAZzle to use Bulk Ship?
You will need either Endicia Premium or Endicia for Mac.
My SCAN form won't print as it usually does. What should I do?
Sometimes you can print the SCAN from by following these steps:
1.Log in to your online account.
2. From the My Account tab, select Reports > SCAN Form History.
3.The system displays the SCAN History. Each SCAN Form has a unique ID.
4. Show specific SCAN Form details: Select the SCAN Form ID.
5. Select File > Print.
There is no guarantee this will work all of the time but it frequently does.
Check out these links for even more helpful information: