eBay has a lot of options, rules, and regulations to be considered. Setting up this venue can be as simple, or complex, as you want it to be. Take your time and look at each setting individually. Ask our friendly staff as many questions as you need and you will soon be successfully listing to eBay.
- The main differences between eBay's connection to AOB and other venues' connections to AOB are as follows:
- A Token is used instead of storing your usernames and passwords
- Listings are sent as individual uploads in batches of 500, instead of one file of 10K on a cycle. You can typically guesstimate that approximately 3000 items can be listed to eBay in an hour's time via AOB.
- The listing process includes a script that you create using the eBay Configuration page
- The eBay Item Id that is assigned to your item by eBay is sent back to AOB and retained with your SKU.
- Orders are pushed to AOB by eBay with either a Payment Complete or Payment Incomplete status. Orders that come in as Payment Incomplete are placed On Hold until you relocate them to your Ship page.
- You have the option of allowing, or disallowing, orders for items not listed to ebay by AOB to be pulled to your Ship page.
- eBay integration requires a 'Token' in lieu of your username and password for security reasons.
- If you list on both Half.com and eBay, they share a token and the logins need to be exactly the same.
- However, if you have longstanding accounts with eBay/Half and cannot have matching logins, submit a Support Ticket requesting to have your token split by one of our Tech Support staff members.
- Follow these instructions to Fetch your Token:
- Just below the 'Active/Inactive' buttons is a link for “Fetch a new eBay token”. Click this link and you will be directed to the eBay login system.
- After you successfully login and select Accept, you will be redirected back to AOB.
- You will now notice two lines above the Active/Inactive radio buttons giving an indication as to whether or not a Token is Present and the Expiration Date of your Token.
Please don't use Chrome, or Firefox, when fetching your token. Neither of these browsers retain the fetched tokens.
The Configuration page for eBay is where almost all of your listing begins and is so intricate it has its own page.
- eBay requires that each item be uploaded individually because:
- eBay assigns an Item ID for each item which is fed back to AOB via the processing and retained with your SKU as stored in AOB's database.
- If an item is refused by eBay there will be an Error reported back to you via the Upload History in your AOB account.
- Items are listed to eBay in accordance with the listing script you create on the Configuration.
- Items are listed to eBay from AOB as Fixed Price listings.
- AOB does not handle eBay Auctions.
- Items listed as Auction should not be included in AOB inventory.
- Combined Shipping is set up directly on eBay. Scripts can be added to your eBay Configuration in AOB for any Shipping Profiles set up on eBay. Create a Support Ticket describing your exact need and we'll work with you to get the script added.
- If you list items to eBay outside of AOB, checking the option to 'Pull non-AOB eBay orders' will dictate whether or not to display the orders for these items in your AOB Ship pages.
- To aid in your decision, note the following:
- Any uncancelled order in your AOB account is subject to AOB fees.
- To display an order correctly incoming order data must match the Item ID and the SKU. Items that are listed to eBay outside of AOB will not have a SKU to match, so the orders for these items will be lacking product data.