This is a very useful page that is full of information.
At the top left of the page you will see a Inventory Totals box. In that box you will see:
• Total Items Listed which tells you how many unique SKUs (items) you have in inventory
• Total Pieces Listed which tells you the total number of items you have listed (100 total items with 10 copies each will show as 1000).
• Total Value tells you the total value of all items listed on AOB. If you have multiple quantities of any item this is taken into account. Your core price only is taken into account here. No venue specific pricing is included.
• Total Cost is your total cost but please be aware you need to enter those values when you create your listings or upload an inventory to us.
• Average Price is the average price of your inventory based on your core prices.
• No Condition tells you how many items you have that do not have a condition. We do not list anything that does not have a condition. Those numbers will be in red to make it easier for you to see them.
• No Price tells you how many items you have that do not have a price. We do not list anything that does not have a price. Those numbers will be in red to make it easier for you to see them.
The next box is the Venue Contact Times box. In that box you will see the times we have contacted your active venues for order pulls and uploads.
The next box is the Recent Listings box. There you will see your recent listing activity by Date (Date), number of items listed (# Lstd), average listing value (Avg $) and total value listed (Total $).
The last box on in this section is the Recent Uploads box. It gives you information on your recent uploads to AOB. The number of listings for a specific date are the number listed minus any sales for items listed on that date.
In the next section you will see the Site Sales box is a bar graph that shows you site-wide sales in dollar volume on a rolling basis. It is very helpful to check and see how your sales patterns compare to the sales of all other AOB users.
The final set of boxes on this page are in the Venue Uploads. You will see a box for each of your active venues and this is where you can check on the status of your uploads. If you see the word 'error' in any of these boxes roll your cursor over the word error and a new, small box will open with the error message. If your eBay/half token has expired for example you will see an error message here.
Please note that Amazon does not send us error messages. If you suspect there is an error with your Amazon uploads you will have to check for errors directly on Amazon. Instructions on how to do this are in our Venue Specific help under Amazon.