Upload an Inventory File
- We accept Amazon's inventory file, HomeBase formatted file from Alibris and ABE, as well as, Half's inventory snapshot.
- You can also create your own file using our list of Approved Headers and Character Lengths.
- Each item in your files must have a sku (or booknumbers as Homebase refers to them) to be created as a successful item in your inventory.
- If you do not have sku on all of your items you can enable the Auto-SKU functionality, found in your Inventory Settings, prior to uploading your file to AOB.
- Auto-SKU will add sku to your items during the upload process, but, will not change an existing sku already present in your file.
To get your files to your AOB account:
- Click the Inventory at the top of your account on the navigation bar.
- Click Upload an Inventory File
- Select the format you are uploading in the drop down box next to File Format.
- If you are uploading an Excel formatted file use the Tab Delimited option.
- Click the Browse button under the file format to locate the file on your computer.
- Click the button that says Upload Above File.
- If for any reason you want to Purge existing AOB listed inventory and Replace it with another inventory file you can check the Purge and Replace box at the bottom of the page.
- Please note the you cannot send us a purge and replace with Half or eBay Active. Since we CANNOT purge and replace neither Half nor eBay, your items will double list if you have not removed items, from eBay and/or Half, that AOB will be listing to those venues. Once your purge and replace to AOB has processed you can activate the venue settings for these two sites and uploads can resume.
- Don't leave this page until it completely reloads and you get a message back that says:
- Your file was received and will be queued for processing.
- It will be passed off to the First Violin and she will give it to Maestro when she's finished checking it over.
- You will receive an email with the results when she is finished.
- You can expect the checks to take approximately 8-10 minutes per 1,000 items
When your file uploads you can track its progress in the Recent Uploads table on the Inventory Statistics page.
FTP Accounts are available upon request if you have need to upload your inventory files in that manner. Just submit a support ticket asking for an FTP account. In that ticket be sure to include the name and password you want to use with your FTP account. Your ticket will be updated when the FTP has been created.