- Custom Venues are provided for you so you can try to get some of the unsupported venues to work with AOB. Not all venues can integrate with AOB, and if they are not supported like the main selling venues this would be the way to try to link them to your AOB account.
Custom Venue Settings Login
- You have 10 Custom Venue sections. Use them for any venue that has not been integrated for full support with AOB.
- In each Custom Venue section you will see the following fields
|Custom Venue Display name
|| Name your venue for display purpose internal to AOB
|| Used if your FTP account is a secure FTP
|| a hostname will be something like ftp.bookvenue.com ( just 'gemm' or 'booksupply' won't work).
|| These fields are case and character sensitive so check for accuracy.
|| Copy over or delete the asterisk (*) its only a placeholder.
|| Select the format your venue is expecting from the corresponding drop-down menu
|Custom Venue FTP Directory
||Leave blank unless you KNOW there is a specific directory into which you need your upload files placed
Our system will validate the login then save the information. If it can not validate the information (it'll try to login), then nothing will be saved and you will see notice at the top of the page as to what happened.
- All contacts with the FTP server will use a Passive interface and have a 10 second timeout.
- There are 4 file formats that we can make available for your Custom Venue as follows:
- AOB Tab-delimited
- AOB Tab-delimeted with private fields
- Amazon Tab-delimited
- A purge and replace will be sent on the initial activation of your custom venue setting.
- The file name you would see in your FTP would be <username>_<time>_purge.txt
- The '_purge" will be dropped from the file name for normal updates.
- The AOB tab-delimted file will be tab-delimited, one record per line with the following fields in this order (the # 1 and so forth are not included in the field header):
- The alternate AOB tab-delimited format includes the following extra fields. They're officially 'private' fields and have no set use but are available for custom mapping that you could be setting up on your custom venue.
- You have the option of having AOB receive orders from your custom site. Look for the Pull Orders option just above the Active/Inactive radio buttons.
- Have an order file placed in an orders subdirectory in your FTP account named open_orders.txt.
- This file should be a tab-delimited file (one order item per line) with the following fields (case-sensitive).
- The price, shipping fee, and commission should be per item:
|| A note of the status of the payment (Credit card, Paid, etc. the interpretation is up to you) If payment is not complete at time of order posting, include the text 'incomplete' in this field to mark the order to go to the Hold List to avoid shipping a non-paid item
|| A user-wide unique order ID
|| A user-wide unique order item ID (you may have multiple order items per order
|| The payment date
|| Transaction ID for this order (future use)
|| Item title or name
|| The seller's SKU
|| Shipping fee the user is paid
|| The qty of item purchased
|| The total of the line item
|| The purchase date formatted as YYYY-MM-DD
|| Email of the buyer
|| Name of the buyer
|| The ship to name
|| Shipping address line 1
|| Shipping address line 2
|| Shipping city
|| Shipping state
|| Shipping ZIP
|| Shipping Country
|| other notes for order
|| UPC of item
|| Desired ship method
|| Commission paid
- When you process an order, we will send a confirmation file to your FTP account under a fulfillment directory.
- The fulfillment filename will be <username>_confirm_<order_id>_<unix timestamp>.txt.
- There will be one file per order.
- This will be a tab-delimited format with the following fields:
- status (shipped, cancelled, deferred, or rejected)
What custom venues are other AOB users using?
As stated in the beginning not all venues can work with AOB. Here are a few which users have reported they have successfully set up: